The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 2004 Brun L'Ancien Beaujolais

by Jenise » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:25 pm

We didn't decant: seductive, aromatic nose from the heavens full of red berries and flowers. Much much shyer on the palate with restrained fruit flavors and ample acidity. I have more--I'll let them sleep. But the nose alone was enough to make Bob pick up the bottle (I love it when this happens) and remark, with some incredulity, "We only paid $12 for this?"
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

Re: WTN: 2004 Brun L'Ancien Beaujolais

by David M. Bueker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Yummy stuff. I drank through my case long ago. Did you notice any element of tobacco ash on the nose?
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2004 Brun L'Ancien Beaujolais

by Jenise » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:05 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Yummy stuff. I drank through my case long ago. Did you notice any element of tobacco ash on the nose?

No, but that one would probably have to hit us over the head for us to notice it. We weren't in the frame of mind that night to do anything but sit back and feel the love.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov