The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 2005 Produttori Langhe Nebbiolo

by Jenise » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Bought this for $15 in Seattle a year or two ago, thought it killer for the price and a perfect "summer red". Drank two of the six bottles I had right away, and then promptly forgot about them. Bad Jenise!

Fruit's shyer now and the acid's in control. I don't know if that's a mere stage its going through or if the wine will turn about at some point in the future and show better, but it's strictly a food wine where, early on, it was a good sipper too in a light pinot noir kind of way.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:10 pm

Norwich, UK

Re: WTN: 2005 Produttori Langhe Nebbiolo

by Ian Sutton » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Jenise
Yes I've never aged any of these so don't know whether they'll follow a classical Nebbiolo profile and re-emerge as something delicate, yet relaxed.
Perhaps the 1997 & 1998 Terre del Barolo Barolos we've had recently show a potential path. The 98 was a bit dull and foursquare (and possibly going nowhere but downhill), but the hot vintage 97 held more interest.

regards

Ian
Drink coffee, do stupid things faster
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

Re: WTN: 2005 Produttori Langhe Nebbiolo

by David M. Bueker » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:52 am

I've been through several vintages of this wine, and it's always better early in its life.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.