The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
no avatar
User

Jon Webster

Rank

Cellar rat

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:22 pm

Silver Spring, MD

WTN: 2004 Domaine le Colombier Vacqueyras Vielles Vignes

by Jon Webster » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Paid $15ish about 3 years ago for what I perceived as excellent qpr at the time. And time certainly has been a kind judge so far. Dark shimmering ruby in the glass, pungent aromas of wild strawberry, spice, and flowers. Nice medium bodied mouthfeel with tannins that have just a wisp of an edge to them. Nice jolt of tart fruits on the finish as the acidity makes for a fresh lively finish. Held up swimmingly over 3 days. Purchased from Corridor Fine Wine Laurel, MD. W.J. Deutch Imports, Alfio Moriconi Selection.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: WTN: 2004 Domaine le Colombier Vacqueyras Vielles Vignes

by James Roscoe » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:52 pm

Where was I when this was poured? Why isn't more of this in my cellar? Were you and Wahomme hogging it? :mrgreen:

Nice note and welcome to the board! Keep up the good work!
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
no avatar
User

Jon Webster

Rank

Cellar rat

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:22 pm

Silver Spring, MD

Re: WTN: 2004 Domaine le Colombier Vacqueyras Vielles Vignes

by Jon Webster » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Where was I when this was poured? Why isn't more of this in my cellar? Were you and Wahomme hogging it? :mrgreen:

Nice note and welcome to the board! Keep up the good work!

I don't why you don't have this lurking in your cellar, but thankfully I have more to spare/share. :mrgreen: