The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
User avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Posts

9717

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

This was a good month for bollyjolly!!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:01 am

I really enjoyed taking part in the August Gamay tasting. I never thought I could enjoy so many wines of this style and I really liked all the tasting notes. The weather was nice and warm in August so that helped. My wine of the month was the Duboeuf Brouilly and the Sandhill was the biggest bust, but one has to wonder about a bad bottle. Pity that the winery was not too interested in my comments. Thanks Otto for waving the flag!

I am not a regular CS drinker but have some bottles put aside for September. See you all here I guess?!!
User avatar
User

AaronW

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

191

Joined

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Location

Just south of SLC

Re: This was a good month for bollyjolly!!

by AaronW » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:35 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:I really enjoyed taking part in the August Gamay tasting. I never thought I could enjoy so many wines of this style and I really liked all the tasting notes. The weather was nice and warm in August so that helped. My wine of the month was the Duboeuf Brouilly and the Sandhill was the biggest bust, but one has to wonder about a bad bottle. Pity that the winery was not too interested in my comments. Thanks Otto for waving the flag!

I am not a regular CS drinker but have some bottles put aside for September. See you all here I guess?!!


Hey Bob old buddy old pal,

What the hay is -- "bollyjolly"??!!
User avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Posts

9717

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: This was a good month for bollyjolly!!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:47 am

Just some word fun with Beaujolais!! I think it was Otto who came up with this, blame him!!!
User avatar
User

AaronW

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

191

Joined

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Location

Just south of SLC

Re: This was a good month for bollyjolly!!

by AaronW » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:52 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Just some word fun with Beaujolais!! I think it was Otto who came up with this, blame him!!!



Nice to know Bob, "sweet". Er, I mean, "dry", -- whatever. LOL!!
User avatar
User

Otto

Rank

Musaroholic

Posts

4094

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:07 pm

Location

Helsinki, Finland

Re: This was a good month for bollyjolly!!

by Otto » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:58 am

AaronW. wrote:
Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Just some word fun with Beaujolais!! I think it was Otto who came up with this, blame him!!!



Nice to know Bob, "sweet". Er, I mean, "dry", -- whatever. LOL!!


I'm not to be blamed! I plagiaraised the word from somewhere, but can't remember where. I thought it a fine word.

It was indeed a joyful month - as Bojos should indeed be. This month should have some interesting things also, though the areas aren't quite as much to my taste. I might open up a Don Melchor 2003 at some point. I hear that it should have some animal and bretty and herbal elements, so I might even like it ;)

-O-
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign