The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

WTN: Where I try something organic!!!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:08 am

WTN: `05 Cono Sur Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenere, Colchaqua Valley Chile.

13% alc, opened an hour and not decanted. Cono Sur can be hit-and-miss at times, but think this blend is on the right track for under $20 Cdn.

Color. Very deep red-ruby,quite an intense centre but not opaque. Nice purple tinges on the rim.

Nose. Black fruits just explode out of the glass. Oak and some spice, raspberry. Could not find the green peppers that Otto admires!!

Flavor. Initial mouthfeel entry thoughts are smooth,savoury, still tannic but does not overpower. Plum, raspberry, strawberry the usual suspects!
Ripe but not sweet, hint of a briary touch after a while. Drinks nicely now, guess the carmenere would appear to help produce some of the soft fleshyness. Have to agree with comments that blending in some other varietals with cab sauv seems to help with wines from Chile.
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: WTN: Where I try something organic!!!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:23 pm

Well. isn`t that strange. Mention the word "organic" and very few views!! Only 58, yeah I know, too much time on my hands!!
Does the word organic mean the wine is not up to par/is missing something/tastes a lot different???