The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

WTN: '01 Terre Rouge, Sierra Foothills, Mourvedre

by Carl Eppig » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:12 pm

2001 Terre Rouge, Sierra Foothills, Mourvedre ($22 list, but discounted with their Harvest Sampler, $99 for a 6 pack). Alcohol level: 14.5%.

First one we've had since the '99. Harvested at 25.5 percent brix, .65 TA, and 3.8 pH.

Gave blackberries, black cherries, and black plums on the nose and upfront. Much more black fruit, gamy meat, and very ripe tomatoes in the complexity across the palate, and the finish almost wouldn't stop. Wonderful wine; get it.
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: WTN: '01 Terre Rouge, Sierra Foothills, Mourvedre

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:57 pm

Get it ......... the price of wines like this is a big deterent up here!! The choice is not bad but nothing is discounted anywhere.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: '01 Terre Rouge, Sierra Foothills, Mourvedre

by Jenise » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:06 am

Wish I could, Carl. It's just in the past year that I've managed to get my hands on some of this winery's stuff, and I've been pretty impressed. They seem to develop interesting secondary flavors pretty early. You been a member of their club long?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov