The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.
User

Doug Surplus

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:17 am

Phoenix AZ

WTN: 2004 Page Springs Cellars Paso Robles Mourvedre

by Doug Surplus » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:55 pm

Cherry and black licorice aromas, black fruits swirl around with the licorice in the mouth, accompanied by spices (allspice, nutmeg and faint cinnamon). Tannins are fierce, but soften with time in the glass. Also with time emerges a hint of fresh-mown alfalfa. Lingering earthy black plum skin finish. Pretty good now, probably better in 3- 5 years. $22 from the winery (in Page Springs Arizona)
Doug

If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2004 Page Springs Cellars Paso Robles Mourvedre

by Jenise » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:58 pm

Did I read that right? Someone's running over to Paso and buying grapes and dragging them back to Arizona to make wine with?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:38 pm

The mourvedre postings have picked up nicely eh. I have a couple I need to slip in but no big deal. Looking forward to November however.
User

Doug Surplus

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:17 am

Phoenix AZ

by Doug Surplus » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Jenise wrote:Did I read that right? Someone's running over to Paso and buying grapes and dragging them back to Arizona to make wine with?

Yup. Although Page Springs has vines planted, they are too young for wine. They will begin harvesting their own grapes next fall.

In the meantime, Eric Glomski, the winemaker and owner, buys grapes from vineyards in Califiornia and some from Southern Arizona, turning them into some good wines. His speciality is Rhone blends, although he can turn out some nice Pinot Noir as well.
Doug

If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?