The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

WTN: A miss and a hit

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: A miss and a hit

by Jenise » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:10 pm

NV Pierre Sparr Cremant d'Alsace Rose: CORKED.

NV Gratien Cuvee Paradis
Opened to celebrate getting that 12 foot tall piece of forest standing up in our living room, decorating to follow. I love Cuvee Paradis: to me they're more complex than most, with apple, various citrus notes in the lemon/lime/orange range, and that warm yeasty-buttery brioche thing. This one has a sweet-tart lime juice streak in the finish, which only seems to make it more interesting. A stunner.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: WTN: A miss and a hit

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:35 pm

I heard about someone putting up their tree and being bitten by a bat that was hanging around!!!
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:19 am

Thanks Jenise. Gratien is a personal favorite. Their 1990 is just stunning right now.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:18 pm

Glad to meet another Gratien fan. I really should let these NV's rest but I can't keep my hands off of them. To me, they're in the same vein as Krug--a disco ball of flavor lights in the mouth, along with a boat load of that hard-to-describe but absolutely unmistakeable Champagne-ness that you can't find in any sparkling wines made anywhere else. They just ooze quality. I was an idiot to not have bought every bottle I could get my hands on when I found these for around $35.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov