Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

7 / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

7 / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri May 19, 2017 11:33 am

b'sd
seven ,seven ,seven; fifty;
Freedom ;from what, for what ?
Have a good one ; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: 7 / WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Pasini San Giovanni 2012 Il Lugana ($9.99)

Its bright golden color with a reddish-bronze hue signals the intense aromatics of this grape, which breathes a rich, grapey scent with overtones of melon and rising bread dough. It’s mouth-filling and ripe on the palate, peach and melon framed by crisp, food-friendly acidity that lasts in a very long finish. 12.5% alcohol. U.S. importer: A.I. Selections, NYC.
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

by YoelA » Tue May 23, 2017 12:31 am

Friday night nothing to report. Shabbat dinner at a friend's house with some basic Barkan wines.

Saturday evening 2010 Scopus Dry Creek Valley (Sonoma) zinfandel - a very powerful wine - yet still very tasty - that called for some red meat rather than the chicken we were having.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi Harry,

The Vitkin Grenache Blanc 2015 was my choice for the white. Although the wine is blended with some Rousanne, it doesn't result in any perceptible bitterness. It has an undeniable freshness, and perhaps even a green streak running through the array of summer fruit. While not sharply acidic, it still has sufficient lift to carry it through the meal. For the red, I served the Hagafen Cabernet Franc 2009. The wine showcases floral notes over tight red fruit, accompanied by a fine tannic structure. Its reticence is a virtue; not a vice.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas