Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Noach / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Noach / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:37 pm

bsd
A symphony from a rams horn then falling on the floor in prayer.And then the dance floor. And then a flood.
Yes,a lot of water. The boat had 3 levels and so does time,and so do we. And so does the Letter; with its vowel and its tune.Dont miss the boat.
Have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Noach / WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Harry, it's good to see you. I hope you had a good holiday and a good fast.

Wisdom & Warter Extra Amontillado Sherry ($11.99)

Clear copper-bronze color, almost a pale orange hue. A mix of cracked walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and a distinct hint of lemon show on the nose and palate. It’s nutty and full-bodied in flavor, with medium-level sweetness well balanced by sharp, zingy acidity that lingers on the sides of your tongue. It carries its 20 percent alcohol well, with mixed nuts and tart citrus lingering in a very long finish. According to the label, “Special reserve drawn from the solera established in 1912.” Its firm acidity over soft sweetness invites a fatty food companion such as mixed cheeses to soften its edges. The winery also suggests unspecified soups or salads, and suggests it for aperitif use chilled or even over ice. U.S. importer: Excelsior Wine and Spirits, Old Brookville, N.Y. (Oct. 21, 2017)
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi Harry,

I'm taking the liberty of posting about any--but most definitely not about all the--wine I've had since Harry's last thread.

Of interest to me was the opportunity I had to taste in succession the Castel La Vie 2016 and the Flam Blanc 2013. Both wines are for the most part a blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay, with Castel adding about 10% Gewurztraminer to their mix. The Castel is the rounder of the two, and possesses a wide range of fruity flavors that alternate on the tongue. The Flam displays greater acidity and is driven by minerality. This weekend it was the Matar Chardonnay 2013 that was served. It is bright with touches of wood.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Pinchas L wrote:I'm taking the liberty of posting about any--but most definitely not about all the--wine I've had since Harry's last thread.

Nice idea, Pinchas. Thanks for thinking of that!
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi, this past weekend tasted yarden viognier '11 that was delicious.and red c covenant '14, not sure i understand thiss wine. H