Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Life / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Life / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:44 pm

bsd
Seems there are times that are challenging and even sad. At times for ourselves
,at times for others. When its others, sometimes the dumbest thing we can say is it will be ok.The only right we can possibly have to say that is if we truly feel their pain.
Have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Life / WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Harry, we didn't get to have wine this past weekend, but to keep the thread going, I'll share the other New Zealand Pinot Noir that we enjoyed the prior weekend:

Nobilo Icon 2013 Marlborough Pinot Noir ($19.99)

Rather dark ruby in color, with reddish-orange glints against the light. Mixed fruits, blackberries and plums and red and black cherries, with a distinct but not overwhelming edge of warm, spicy oak. Mouth-filling fruit and good body on the palate, red and black fruit and gentle spice over tart acidity, with soft tannins becoming more apparent in the long finish. Moderate 13% alcohol doesn’t intrude. Lamb, salmon or tuna, mushroom and cheese dishes are its natural territory for matching, but like most Pinot, it’s versatile. It worked nicely here with a simple Tuscan dish of large white beans (Royal Coronas from Rancho Gordo) drizzled with good olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper; thin slices of Parmigiano Reggiano alone made it sing.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi Harry,

I treated myself to a bottle of the Tzora Shoresh Blanc 2012; a Sauvignon Blanc. The wine's initial entry is smooth and creamy, but still allows for some restrained citrus to deliver the final notes. The wine carries its weight well and goes very well with food. Before moving on to Hagafen's Cabernet Franc 2009, I had some more of last week's Ben Haim Cabernet Sauvignon 2012. Surprisingly, the fruit came through as shining and somewhat sweet, and overlaid with ample smokiness. The Cabernet Franc is quite complex with layers of fruit, flowers and pine.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:09 pm

hi, dalton cabernet estate '14. perhaps this wine can benefit from some more btl age. a nice full wine. h