Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Spy /WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Spy /WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:02 pm

bsd

There is such a difference in anticipation of that which hasnt happened yet and doubt and concern. As an example a close friend suggests a bottle of wine and you check out the reviews prior to purchasing.Anticipation or lacking in trust.
Have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Spy /WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:27 pm

I like that. Thanks, Harry.
no avatar
User

YossiD

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

by YossiD » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Started off the weekend at Tulip for the launch of two 2017 whites: Espero White (first vintage) and Net Sauvignon Blanc.

The Espero White is a blend of Colombard, Chardonnay, and Marsanne, but I, for one, would never have guessed. The wine is light, crisp, and refreshing, and to my taste, actually a bit lacking in body. Hardly what one would expect from these varietals.

The Net Sauvignon Blanc, so named as it is a 100% varietal, and also because the vineyard is shaded with netting to limit direct sunlight, is a perfect hot weather white wine - crisp and refreshing.

For our simple Shabbat dinner of chicken wings and vegetables on the grill, I dug out a Chillag Carignan 2009 that I figured needed to be drunk. Alas I had waited too long; the wine was definitely past its prime - just about drinkable.

On Shabbat morning we were surprised by a number of unexpected visits from some relatives who were passing through. A perfect opportunity to break out some wine and cheese. The wines were Chillag Chenin Blanc 2013 and Margalit Riesling 2016. The former was very good and the latter outstanding. Both were delightful in the hot weather. The cheeses were an international mix: a semi-hard Polish goat's milk cheese, a mild South African goat's milk Cheddar, and a Danish blue.

For dinner it was back to the grill with marvelous veal chops. To go with those I opened a Seahorse Antoine 2013 (blend of Syrah, Grenache, Mourvedre, Cinsault, and Counoise). I was afraid it might overpower the veal, but I needn't have worried - it was actually just right.

All in all a very successful weekend on all fronts.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi Harry,

Saturday evening I had the Tzora Judean Hills 2103, that is a blend of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. The wine isn't showing as brightly as in its youth, though the summer fruit is present alongside eucalyptus, combining to offer a pleasurable wine. Then, Saturday lunch I had my final bottle of the Agua Dulce Cabernet Sauvignon 2010. The Cabernet is a ripe version of the varietal, showcasing plenty of stewed fruit.

Best Regards,
Pinchas
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:32 am

hi, friday night was Dalton shiraz estate'14. ok, found the'16 though more expressive.by day st josephine cab,spain. h