Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

My Recent Wines

no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

My Recent Wines

by Pinchas L » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:08 am

With Harry on summer hiatus, I'll just post TN of some recent wines I've had.

Vitkin Grenache Noir 2015 - The recollection I had of Grenache was more of a dusty rustic wine, that has drying tannins and is good at taming an extravagant meal, than one that is refined. The Vitkin exudes finesse, with silky tannins and with jammy fruit and a light body, qualities that make it wonderful summer drinking. Although I didn't detect much in the way of complexity, I nonetheless find it very enjoyable.

Tzora Judean Hills 2012 - This is a blend consisting mostly of Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah, that offers considerable bite, with substantial body, without overt oak influences. The fruit is generic, but the tannins and earthiness provide the additional layers needed to make it interesting.

Prix Hagafen Melange 2007 - This Californian Bordeaux blend has a wonderful nose, that's a bit of a tease, because the palate doesn't quite live up to that promise. Still, it is refined with robust fruitiness and silky tannins.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: My Recent Wines

by Harry J » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 pm

hi, yarden odem chard '13. starting to show the color of honey and in flavor also more expressive than several months ago. H