Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

whiskey diplomacy

User

Doug Z

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:11 am

whiskey diplomacy

by Doug Z » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen
User

Doug Z

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:11 am

Re: whiskey diplomacy

by Doug Z » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm

hmmm URL's open in same window instead of a new one....
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

by Redwinger » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:04 pm

Doug Z wrote:hmmm URL's open in same window instead of a new one....

Doug-

Right click link===>Open in new window

That should work.

Bill
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Doug Z wrote:hmmm URL's open in same window instead of a new one....

We're stuck with that, Doug, because the developers of this open-source software adhered rather ferociously to certain standards, including that one.

Note, however, that it took all of us only a week or so to get used to it when we moved to this PhpBB3 system last year. As 'winger pointed out, Right-click > Open in New Window will do it.

In some browsers it's even simpler. In Firefox as I have it set up, for instance, a simple Ctrl-Click opens a new tab.

Play around with these key combinations, and they'll soon become as natural as the old way. I hope! :)
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

by Daniel Rogov » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Israel has never shown great (or even moderate) wisdom when it comes to taxing alcoholic beverages. For many years, for example, the taxes on Champagne accounted for 70% of the cost of those wines in Israel. In a stroke of wisdom, or perhaps simply because several people at the tax authorities suffered strokes at the same moment, one year ago the taxes on Champagne fell by 80% and even the atheists among us thanked God.

Best
Rogov