Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

My latest article

no avatar
User

Gamliel K

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:40 pm

Silver Spring, MD

My latest article

by Gamliel K » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Dear All,

My latest piece for The New York Jewish Week is now available on-line at the link below. The article is on health effects of drinking for the more mature imbiber.

http://www.thejewishweek.com/viewArticl ... _Life.html

Salute!
Gamliel
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: My latest article

by Daniel Rogov » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Gamliel, Hi....

Nice piece! I'll take issue, not with you but with one of the findings......as I think most research agrees that 30 standard drinks per week is too much for most men and women, the ideal being between 2-2.5 daily for men and 1.5-2 for women and, of course not binging and taking those all at one time.

Further, with regard to the French paradox, important to keep in mind that it is not only the intake of red wine but a combination of that wine with a certain life-style, one that includes eating at a leisurely pace and with a certain level of consistency in diet.

Important too to realize that the different levels of consumption for men and women is not a reflection of any kind of chauvinism but of differences in the metabolism between the sexes and how that impacts on alcohol absorption.

Apologies for seeming like a lecturer, but at times I do tend in that direction.

Best
Rogov