It Takes All Kinds (I Suppose)

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

It Takes All Kinds (I Suppose)

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:30 am

I received the following email today. Truth is, my first reaction was to zap it into cyberspace as spam but for some reason (only Freud knows) I read through it and then even checked out the link. Good taste? Bad taste? Any taste at all? What do we think? And should Gary sue for stealing not his identity but in some cases at least, his personality?

Best and Not Knowing Whether to Laugh or Not...

Rogov

Hello Fellow Madmen/Madwomen AKA bloggers & other Wine infected souls,

Just weren't enough wine blogs out there, so we've leaped into the fray with The Daily Cork (http://www.thewinerychannel.tv/home/ ).

Unashamedly, we admit we're in it for the money, hence the reference to madmen. (Anyone got
any idea when the money shows up?)

I could have bought new clubs, a nice boat, a time-share in Tahiti...but oh no not this wily entrepreneur.
I've found a sure way to rid my life of that pesky extra baggage they call money. How? Have a passion for
wine and not enough moola to buy that 5 acres in Calistoga. So what to do? Start a website for wine enthusiasts like
myself and create the content we'd like to see. Brilliant.

So far, it's all gone as planned, not one red cent made.

But we've had some great times. Check us out. We've just updated the site. We actually like your input. ***

Best regards,

Roger Mills
Executive Producer
http://www.TheWineryChannel.tv
1413 Kenneth Road #15
Glendale, CA 91201
off. (818) 246-0714
cell (818) 681-8285

*** I see people asking others to give their positive critiques or , if you must, rotten ones, but I think most people are
just too polite or could care less or are concerned about "web terror" retribution. Do not fear. You can't possibly insult
me beyond the high bar set by my Italian mother-in-law. Unless, of course, you are over 300 pounds, 5 ft. tall, pick your teeth with a knife and brag that in 45 years of marriage, your husband's never see you naked. Capeche?
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: It Takes All Kinds (I Suppose)

Postby Thomas » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:14 am

Seems to me that email is spam...do you think that tv link doesn't earn him (or her--one never knows anything on the Internet) money?
Thomas
Senior Flamethrower

Postby Daniel Rogov » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:33 am

Thomas....

Agreed that this is obvious spam. And, although I'm not a business-oriented type, it is clear that he's making a buck or three from his efforts. Posted it as what I considered an example of bad taste and for the somewhat vulgar laugh it gave me.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Thomas » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:54 pm

The problem is, Daniel, when you post it and others go to the site, the spammer makes money. You are being used.

It's a wonderful idealism that will likely never be achieved, but if people did not respond to spam it might diminish.
Thomas
Senior Flamethrower

Postby Bob Ross » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:51 pm

He's active spamming on Asimov's blog as well:

#
July 23rd,
2:35 am

Your headline about California caught my eye. I was napping, but I’ve got this one lazy lid.

One word I think answers your sauvignon blanc question… Rochioli.

Watch their episode on our website too. Rochioli might mean “easygoing” in Italian?

Cheers, Roger Mills
[Link deleted} (California!)

— Posted by Roger Mills
Bob Ross
Wine guru

Postby Daniel Rogov » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Mmm...I think I may have found a photo of him*

shmuck.jpg
shmuck.jpg (19.94 KiB) Viewed 1010 times

Best
Rogov

* Don't blame me directly ....the devil made me do it.
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum