Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Michael Greenberg

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Wines we enjoyed last week (Aug10-16,2008)

by Michael Greenberg » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:17 pm

It was a slow week forwine tasting for me with only 1 white (terrific) and a red I hated(I won't even mention what it was--but i spilled out the bottle after just 1 glass) ...but I confess I also had some great beer last week (McAuslin St-Ambroise Apricot Wheat Ale =divine ambrosia!)

Anyway--the wine I did enjoy:

FLAT ROCK CELLARS RIESLING 2007,VQA Niagara Beamsville Bench
---Riesling from Niagara is quickly becomming a signature wine of the region and this one from one of my favourite wineries there is really declicious,top quality,virging on exceptional..If you like your Rieslings tinged with off-dry sweetness,with wonderful aromatics and bursting with flavour (luscious peach,tropical fruit,some grapefruit to balance the sweet,with freshness and crisp acidity that helps the balance but never is jarring--well its all quite terrific--great Riesling -this is everything you drink Riesling for..a total pleasure...At $16.95 Cdn for this it is tempting to buy a caseload or caseloads of the stuff.