Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Cigar

no avatar
User

J Hexter

Rank

Cellar rat

Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:57 am

Cigar

by J Hexter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:59 am

Rogov, et al

Firstly, a belated Mazal Tov on the new site.

While it’s not wine related (I did enjoy it with some nice bourbon) I wanted to post on a simply awesome cigar -- the Padron 1926 series. From a technical perspective the cigar was just beautiful, no cracks and very well preserved (with a slight spring to the wrapper). It lit up in a second and burned unbelievably evenly throughout. The drag was smooth and the amount of smoke with even a small pull was overwhelming. A highly recommended spicy earthy cigar for those who enjoy such pleasures.

Warm regards

JH
no avatar
User

Shlomo R

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Cigar

by Shlomo R » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:16 am

I've had several of the Padron 1964 Anniversarios, and those were great. I hear that the 1926 Anniversarios are even better. A word of caution, though. The box of 1964s that I bought cost me $500, so these are moderately expensive cigars. Worth every penny, in my opinion.
http://www.chailifeline.org/events/Bike ... rosenzweig - cycling 175 miles to raise money for summer camp for kids with cancer - doing it again in 2014!