Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Eli R

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Rehovot, Israel

TRN: Flam new release 2006/ 2007

by Eli R » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Daniel, Hi,

I have just read about the Flam new release. Do you have off the shelf TN for:

Flam CS, Reserved, 2006
Flam Merlot, Reserved, 2006
Flam, Classico, 2007

Thanks,

Eli
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: TRN: Flam new release 2006/ 2007

by Daniel Rogov » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Eli, Hi.....

The unveiling of these wines was held at the winery last night (Wednesday, 20 August). The evening was to be devoted partly to a talk by Richard Shaffer (yes, our forum member) and partly to the tasting. Because I had lunch yesterday with Richard and, to tell the truth, because I have been so busy this week and thus rather exhausted, I did not attend the event. I will, however, be receiving bottles at the beginning of the coming week for tasting and will post immediately thereafter.

In the meanwhile, following are my barrel tasting notes for the two Reserve wines. I have not yet tasted the 2007 Classico but that is also on its way to me.

Best
Rogov

Flam, Cabernet Sauvignon, Reserve, 2006: 86% Cabernet Sauvignon blended with 12% Merlot and 2% Petit Verdot, now in oak for 12 months and destined for aging several more months. Dark royal-purple, full-bodied, with soft near-sweet tannins integrating nicely with spicy wood. Intense and multi-layered, opening with cherries and raspberries, those going on to show currants and blackberries, and all on a gentle background of brown spices. Long and generous, with the tannins rising nicely on the finish. Best 2010–2014. Tentative Score 92–94.

Flam, Merlot, Reserve, 2006: A blend of 86% Merlot and 14% Petit Verdot, showing simultaneously intense and elegant. Opens with spicy wood and black fruits on the nose, those yielding comfortably in the glass to show blueberry and raspberry fruits with overlays of mocha, orange peel and near-sweet cedar. Soft, mouth-coating tannins, a gentle hand with the wood, good balancing acidity and fine structure bode well for an elegant future. Approachable when young but best from 2010–2014, perhaps longer. Tentative Score 92–94.