Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Lilach Winery ???

User

Mike_F

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:56 pm

Rehovot, Israel

Lilach Winery ???

by Mike_F » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:41 pm

Brough by a dinner guest and tasted this evening - Lilach family winery, "Dry red Sangiovese", 2005. The winery is apparently in Kfar Yehoshua, and the grapes are from local organic vineyards . Very little additional information on the labels, and no further contact details on the winery. I found an e-mail via web searching on a page describing cycle touring of wineries in north of Israel - http://www.tourism.gov.il/Tourism_Euk/T ... alilee.htm , but not much more information. The 2008 edition of the Rogov guide does not list this winery.

The wine itself is light-medium bodied, smooth, food friendly, and very drinkable. A nice effort for an Israeli Sangiovese, and makes me wonder what this winery can do with a varietal of better local potential. My guess at a Rogov score - 86.

Rogov and all - any further information on this winery and its wines?

thanks,

Mike
Of course we must be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.”
Richard Dawkins
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: Lilach Winery ???

by Daniel Rogov » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:54 am

Mike, Hi....

Nor will the 2009 edition include Lilach Winery as they produce under 1,500 bottles annually. I will be tasting their wines in the near future, however, as they are growing now and may well make it into the 2010 edition. Will report back after my tasting.

Best
Rogov