Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

My Chulent

no avatar
User

Howard R

Rank

Cellar rat

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:38 pm

My Chulent

by Howard R » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:02 pm

As I was eating my breakfast the morning I watched my wife begin making our Chulent for Shabbat (a traditional dish eaten on Shabbat cooked on Friday and left on fire or Crockpot to keep hot- consists of barley, beans, potatoes and meat eaten on Shabbat mid-day). I thought about my leftover Bordeaux from last night and what it would taste like in the Chulent. Well I added my wine to the “Chulent”. Do I tell my wife now or try to hide my grin as everyone enjoys the Chulent?

http://www.kosherwinereport.com
www.kosherwinereport.com
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: My Chulent

by Daniel Rogov » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Howard, Hi....

Fear thee not of your wife or any other living creature, for the addition of full-bodied red wine is considered traditional to the creation of many fine stews - among those, boeuf bourguignon, cassoulet, cholent, and even Irish stew. Best part is that because of the cooking process, the flavors of the wine impart themselves to the stew but the alcohol boils off so you can be quite comfortably assured that no one will get blotto on this week's cholent.

Best
Rogov
no avatar
User

Howard R

Rank

Cellar rat

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Re: My Chulent

by Howard R » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:33 pm

Thank you. Chulent was very good. I think I still was a bit too conservative on adding the wine- need to find the perfect balance. As for my wife- she had a good laugh.

Best regards-
www.kosherwinereport.com