Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

TNR

no avatar
User

Aviram K

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Israel

TNR

by Aviram K » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:37 am

Hi Rogov,

first, congratulation for the "home" (my first post here, hopefully to challenge with my English and become a more active member...)

and to the TNR-
Regnard Vaudesir Chablis Grand Cru 89, as well as the '95 vintage

and two young and lovely (to my opinion at least) from Italy. both from Pasqua-

Sagramoso Soave Superiore '06

Mezzogiorno Insolia-Chardonnay '07

Thanks,
Aviram
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: TNR

by Daniel Rogov » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Aviram, Hello and Welcome to the Forum.....

Considering that we have members from a dozen or so European countries, North America, the Far East andthe Middle East no-one here need worry about their English.

To the point now, following are my tasting notes for those of the wines on your list that I have tasted.

Best
Rogov

Regnard, Chablis, Grand Cru, Vaudesir, 1989: As during its youth, full-bodied and rich, showing a judicious hand with the food and fine balance between spicy oak, acidity and fruits. On the nose and palate creamy pears matched by orange peel, nutmeg and vanilla. Drinking beautifully but not meant for further cellaring. Drink now or in the next year or so. Score 95. (Re-tasted 26 Apr 2007)

Pasqua, Soave Superiore, Sagramoso, Veneto, 2006: Medium-bodied, with traditional peach, almond and grapefruit aromas and flavors that linger nicely. Not complex but fresh and refreshing. Drink now. Score 85. (Tasted 18 Apr 2008)
no avatar
User

Aviram K

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Israel

by Aviram K » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Thank you.
Do you find the wine now at its peak, or beyond? and, do you think it will be drinkable during the next year or two?
what about the '95 vintage? do you have TN?

once again, thanks
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

by Daniel Rogov » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Aviram, Hi....

With re the 1989 Vaudesir, as I wrote: "Drinking beautifully but not meant for further cellaring. Drink now or in the next year or so. Score 95. (Re-tasted 26 Apr 2007)". In other words.....the wine is still holding its own very nicely but should not be held any longer as it will definitely be passing its peak in the near future.

With re the 1995, sorry, but I seemed to have missed that one. At a guess, however, having tasted several other of the Vaudesir Chablis wines of that year, I would suggest that the wine is at a stage where it is worth drinking in the very near future.

Best
Rogov