Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Warren B

Rank

Wine geek

Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:43 am

Lawrence,NY

TN 2005 Gamla Cabernet sauvignon

by Warren B » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:31 am

Hi Daniel,
would you please give me your most recent tasting note for this wine.
Thanks
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: TN 2005 Gamla Cabernet sauvignon

by Daniel Rogov » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:17 am

Warren, Hi....

My most recent tasting note (about 10 months ago) for the wine in question follows.

Best
Rogov

Golan Heights Winery, Cabernet Sauvignon, Gamla, 2005: Medium to full-bodied, dark garnet, a traditional Bordeaux blend showing soft, gently mouth-coating tannins and opening to reveal black currant, wild berry and light Mediterranean herbal notes. Fine balance between oak, tannins, acidity and fruit and a generous, just-spicy-enough finish. Drink now–2010. Score 88. K
no avatar
User

Lior Yogev

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:13 pm

A green Israeli campus

Re: TN 2005 Gamla Cabernet sauvignon

by Lior Yogev » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:52 pm

I opened a bottle for Rosh Hashana's meal and decanted it for 1-2 hours in the bottle (after lowering the shoulders). I must say I was surprised to find it tannier than usual and somewhat harsh to my taste. Still good and rich fruit and nice spices, but the barrel didn't seem to integrate just yet. I'd wait a year with this one - or at least decant in a decanter for some time.

I know it's a matter of taste and preference for younger/older wines - but I thought my input might be of some relevance nonetheless.

Lior.