WTN: Great value in Spanish rose

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

WTN: Great value in Spanish rose

Postby Ryan M » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:44 am

I love Garnacha (Grenache) based Spanish rose - for me, they are by far the most satisfying roses (save Champagne perhaps, but that's a different ball game). This one is particularly good - one of the best roses I've had, in fact. And, I can get it in Bloomington for $5, making it among the best wines values I've ever encountered. I find one site online that has it for $9 - even then, it's a very good deal.

Torres, Vina Brava, Rose, Catalunya 2006
I love everything about this wine. It's color is a deep but clear ruby with touches of purple. It has a very nice, inviting nose. On the palate, cherry upfront, followed by a nice touch of blackberry, then creamy red apple and strawberries, with a bit of spice. Crisp and refreshing, but with a touch of dark fruit depth. Satisfying, delightful stuff. You can sense in this the character of a rich, Garnacha based Spanish red. I suspect this can do no wrong with a wide range of foods. Under $10, a great little value - buy by the case! 65% Garnacha, 35% Carinena. Drink now. Very Good / Excellent (86 - 88). [10/6/08]
"The sun, with all those planets revolving about it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do"
Galileo Galilei

(avatar: me next to the WIYN 3.5 meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory)
Ryan M
Wine Gazer

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum