2 TN's Please

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

2 TN's Please

Postby Harry J » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:47 pm

bsd
Hi.Any recent tasting notes on Golan cab 03 and 05? (golan not golan heights!)
And anything on yargazi river western australia cabshiraz reserve 05,imported by msr. mouton?h
Harry J
Wine guru

Re: 2 TN's Please

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:11 pm

Harry, Hi....

Harry, Hi….

The Golan Heights Winery produces wines in several series (Katzrin, Yarden, Gamla and Golan), of which Golan is the one intended for early drinking. My estimate is that the 2005 is probably still drinking nicely but that the 2003 (see the date of my tasting note) is well beyond its peak.

Golan Heights Winery, Cabernet Sauvignon, Golan, 2005: Ruby toward garnet, medium-bodied, with soft tannins. Showing wild berry and black currant fruits and reflecting its six months in American oak with light spiciness and vanilla. Soft, round and easy to drink. Drink now. Score 85. K (Re-tasted 25 Nov 2007)
Golan Heights Winery, Cabernet Sauvignon, Golan, 2003: Ruby-red towards purple in color, medium-bodied, with light oak and tannins and spicy berry-cherry aromas and flavors. Drink up. Score 86. K (Re-tasted 15 Mar 2006)

As to the Australian wine about which you ask, I do not know it. Nor did a search on Google help as there seems to be no Yargazi River in Australia. The only yargazi that I know of is the bird known as the "great tit", as that is its name in Hebrew. Perhaps a bit more information on the wine in question?
Attachments
tits.gif
tits.gif (12.66 KiB) Viewed 418 times
yargazi.jpg
yargazi.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 420 times
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum