Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

TNR - Tedeschi

no avatar
User

Lior Yogev

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:13 pm

A green Israeli campus

TNR - Tedeschi

by Lior Yogev » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi,

Tonight I've had the Tedeschi that appears on the left of the image. Since I remember hearing good things associated with the name, I was surprised to find a dominant musky oddor and significant bitterness in the wine. I image this could be a flaw in the wine I'm not experieced enough to recognize. Has anyone tasted it and can share their thoughts?

The wine on the right, by the way, is a frizzante barbera I got from Italy, which smelled good but didn't taste very well.

Thanks,

Lior.
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: TNR - Tedeschi

by Daniel Rogov » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 am

Lior, Hi.....

I have noted a bit of bottle stink on opening bottles of this wine but that has blown off quickly. Wonder if your bottle might not have been impacted upon by geosmin (an organic compound) sometimes responsible for musky, stale and bitter-earthy aromas and flavors. Geosmin is also related to wines that are corked so we may also be talking about the TCA effect.

At any rate a problem that I've not found with the wine to date. My most recent tasting note follows.

Best
Rogov

Tedeschi, Rosso Valpolicella Classico Superiore, Capitel San Rocco, Ripasso, 2005: A good wine but not up to the standards of earlier releases. A blend of Corvina, Corvinone, ROndinella and Molinara grapes, made by the ripasso method, shows medium-body, with soft, near-sweet tannins and generous black fruits. Opens with a hint of bottle stink but that passes quickly. Easy to drink but somewhat one-dimensional. Drink now-2009. Score 87. (Re-tasted 27 Aug 2008)
no avatar
User

Lior Yogev

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:13 pm

A green Israeli campus

Re: TNR - Tedeschi

by Lior Yogev » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:46 am

Thanks