Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Chablis Tasting (Jean Paul & Benoit Droin) in Tel Aviv

by Daniel Rogov » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:05 pm

It may seem that I am posting a great deal about the wines imported to Israel by Giaconda but, although far from the largest importer of wines in Israel, the two partners in the company are, by Jove, bringing in some of the very best wines to appear in the country and many at prices that compete comfortably with the best prices you will find in Europe and the U.S.A.

The company will be hosting a tasting of the Chablis wines of Jean Paul & Benoit Droin, the tasting to be held 19 January 2009 at their "headquarters" in Tel Aviv. What can I say….there are tastings that I do not write about or recommend, there are those that I recommend and there are those that I recommend with enthusiasm. This recommendation is with enthusiasm.

My tasting notes for the wines in question can be found at
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=28184&p=239970

The fee for attending (9 wines will be tasted) is NIS 340. An excellent opportunity just for the tasting or to decide which of the wines is most to your taste before purchasing. To serve a place, phone 03 6022746.

Best
Rogov
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: Chablis Tasting (Jean Paul & Benoit Droin) in Tel Aviv

by Daniel Rogov » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:06 am

Also see my colum in HaAretz (English edition) today http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1140316.html

Best
Rogov