Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Tonight's Sampling

no avatar
User

Adam N

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 am

Tonight's Sampling

by Adam N » Thu May 24, 2012 8:10 am

Every Thursday, I do an informal wine tasting for some customers.
Today's tasting will be El Rom 2008, Yatir Cab 2008, and 2 other private productions: A 2009 Cab and a 2009 blend, from a wine maker who will remain "unnamed" due to possible legal conflicts. And "yes", there will be Cheese to go with it. I'll let you know how they were.
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

Re: Tonight's Sampling

by Gabriel Geller » Thu May 24, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Adam, where are you located?
User

David Raccah

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 am

Bay Area, CA

by David Raccah » Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 am

Hey Adam - I received the email and was wondering if I could post here for the Israeli contingency - but was not sure. Now that you posted why are you worried about posting the wine maker's name and all. Either way, the winemaker works at a small boutique winery that we all like and I would go if I was in Israel. Adam's shop is in Hashmonaim.

David
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
no avatar
User

Adam N

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 am

by Adam N » Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 am

David - The wine maker/ winery may have issues with wines being made not under the wineries label. Just to be sure, I chose to leave out the names. That not withstanding, His wines tasted great. The blend was so full, and dynamic. It reminded me of some older Bordeauxs. His Cab holds up well, but is still to young. It went up against the Yatir Cab 08, and (one of my favorites) the El Rom 08. The Cab wasn't as full as the others, but then again, it's considerably less expensive.