Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
User

David Raccah

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 am

Bay Area, CA

Castel Wine and art Auction for Threefold Cord

by David Raccah » Fri May 25, 2012 11:32 am

I received the email from Castel but did not really get what the auction was. Then I received another email and looked into it and this looks like a great opportunity to get some art and/or wine and make a difference for at-risk Jews in Israel. They have set up a GREAT site:

http://castelartandwine.com/

About the Auction

Domaine du Castel is proud to sponsor a Charity auction of Israeli art and a Limited Edition of Castel Grand Vin 2009 with special labels of the same artwork. The benefit will go to the “Threefold Cord” – a non-profit organization which cares for at-risk youth in Jerusalem.

Domaine du Castel and the Ben-Zaken family are long time supporters of the “Threefold Cord”.

13 Leading Israeli artists volunteered to take part in this project:

Arie Azene, Nissim Ben Aderet, Amnon David Ar, Yair Garbuz, Ori Gersht, Menashe Kadishman, Michel Kichka, Ofer Lellouche, Philip Rantzer, Jan Rauchwerger, Gideon Rubin, Eran Shakin, & Yigal Tumarkin.

For each label, Domaine du Castel produced one Imperial, one Double Magnum, one Magnum, a case of 12 x 750 ml bottles and a case of 6 x 750 ml bottles.
Also, two complete sets of 18 bottles with all the labels will be auctioned.

The Limited Edition bottles will be exhibited alongside the original artwork from June 6th to June 13th at Tavi Gallery, Neve Tzedek,Tel-Aviv.

Early bids can be placed until June 20th, four days prior to the Charity Auction on June 24th.
Thank you for helping us with this important cause – helping young women and men get a better start in life and a better future.
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
no avatar
User

Jonathan Kalman

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Castel Wine and art Auction for Threefold Cord

by Jonathan Kalman » Sun May 27, 2012 3:40 pm

I have continued to drop by and read this site from time to time but promised myself not to post anymore however I am going to now because David Raccah's introduction to the Castel Auction is just so infuriating. This auction is indeed for a very good cause but it is for at risk people in Jerusalem. Not 'Jews' David, people. Get it?
no avatar
User

Isi M

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:46 am

Israel

by Isi M » Sun May 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please explain, I looked at the auction,but I dont seem to get to the point ?

May I also ask what is the reason you are refraining to post ?

Regards
no avatar
User

Jonathan Kalman

Rank

Ultra geek

by Jonathan Kalman » Sun May 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi Isi,
The point is that that the money is being raised to help youth at risk whatever their religion. To say it is to help Jews is crass.
I will send you a private message on the other question you ask.
Regards,
User

Mike_F

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:56 pm

Rehovot, Israel

by Mike_F » Sun May 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Isi M wrote:Can you please explain, I looked at the auction,but I dont seem to get to the point ?

The point is that the charity perhaps helps all youth at risk, and not necessarily only Jewish youth, whereas David's post referred to 'at-risk Jews'. I assume that Jonathan is upset at the tendency of some on this site to limit their horizons by tribal/religious affiliations...

Following this exchange I looked at the charity website, and although they do not provide any religious or ethnic specifications, they do state on one of their Hebrew pages that their hostel provides a "warm Jewish home". Maybe that was the source of David's implicit assumption?

Regardless, I'm sure it is a cause worthy of suppport.
Of course we must be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.”
Richard Dawkins
User

David Raccah

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 am

Bay Area, CA

by David Raccah » Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 am

Sorry to create a tizzy. I just put this up to make folks aware of the opportunity to bid on the wine and art. If the cause is for Jews or Gentiles, I do not know not care. Any help to aid children in suffering is good in my mind. I did not mean to recommend the charity as much as notify the gang about his unique opportunity to get these wines and art.

David
Last edited by David Raccah on Tue May 29, 2012 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
no avatar
User

Jonathan Kalman

Rank

Ultra geek

by Jonathan Kalman » Tue May 29, 2012 2:23 am

David, it is a good cause, a good charity, a thoroughly worthwhile event and well done Castel for doing this. The only problem is the what you said, which is the parochial Jewish centric default posistion of so many that post here.
User

Yehoshua Werth

Rank

Wine guru

Thu May 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Monsey, New York USA

by Yehoshua Werth » Tue May 29, 2012 3:12 pm

This truly shows how Jews want peace.
Too donate to anyone in need when you are the Smallest Minority of or closest to the smallest minority on the planet.
Giving to people around you for peace even though many want you gone from the Earth.
To work on being Politically correct when those who might welcome such charity dont care.
May we find those who welcome Charity from those in dire need of peace give peace and be thankful for all that we can grow from such over the top efforts.

wine and art has been a bridge for thousands of years may with blessings this work today better than ever!
Yehoshua Werth, Manager
The GrapeVine Wines & Spirits
Monsey, NY USA
http://www.youtube.com/TheGrapevineWines