Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

New Kosher Israeli Boutique Winery - Morelli

by Gabriel Geller » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Hello Folks,

There is a new kosher boutique winery in Israel, the Morelli Winery. The owner and winemaker is Eli Peretz who has worked for over 6 years with Elran Wines, his wine distribution company. There has been a wine tradition for many generations for Eli's family starting with his great grand-father who was making wine in Spain. Eli Peretz decided a few years ago to found his own winery named after his mother's maiden name, Morelli. I've not yet tasted the wines but I'm working on it and hope to do so very soon, I'll then post my TNs here. There are as of now 3 wines available, one white, and 2 reds all are kosher:

- Morelli Semi-Dry White 2011: A blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and French Colombard from grapes sourced from both the Judean Hills and the Upper Galilee.

- Morelli, Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2009: 100% CabSauv Aged 18 months in french oak barrels.

- Morelli, Alberto 2010: An interesting blend of Petite Sirah, Petit Verdot, Shiraz and Cabernet Franc, 12 months in french oak barrels. Sounds a little bit Shiloh Legend to me...

Best,

GG