Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

2009 Yarden Cabernet

User

Andrew B

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:49 pm

2009 Yarden Cabernet

by Andrew B » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Admittedly I have not been a fan of this wine, since it has been on the hyper fruity side, with a sugary finish, at least on my palate. I just tried a bottle of the 2009 Cab, and I must say that while it is certainly fruity and somewhat flamboyant (like a Shirah wine), it was not overly sweet as I've come to expect. An interesting dose of Raccah-ian "blue fruit" as well as some earthy goodness, with great texture and tannins. Also comes with a very generous 15% alcohol which caught me off guard. Anyway, a nice surprise for me, and I'm sure others will enjoy as well. I can't wait for the El Rom from '09 to come out after having tasted this one. From what I have heard, there was no '09 Katzrin, but I hope to be corrected.
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

Re: 2009 Yarden Cabernet

by Gabriel Geller » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Andrew Breskin wrote:An interesting dose of Raccah-ian "blue fruit"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Andrew, I haven't had yet the luck to taste this wine nor any other '09 wine from the Yarden Series for that matter but your note is quite intriguing so I'm looking forward! :D