Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
User

Craig Winchell

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Thompson Vineyard Syrah- for comparison

by Craig Winchell » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:13 am

This was on the main board. Another Thompson Vineyard Syrah, to compare with Shirah. Note that in the nonkosher world, this wine is considered a "very good value" at $30. Shirah is about twice as much or so. I am not saying that they are overpriced. The market determines whether a wine is or is not overpriced. If they can sell all they have, I suppose it isn't. But it is instructive to see how much more the kosher market is willing to spend on wine than the nonkosher market. I found it interesting.

WTN: Tercero Syrah ThompsonVnyd '09..(short/boring)
Postby TomHill » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:23 pm

In the mood for a Syrah last night, so cracked:
1. Tercero Syrah ThompsonVnyd/SBC (14.5%; www.TerceroWines.com) SantaMaria 2009: Very dark color; strong blackberry/boysenberry/Syrah slight pungent/peppery/tarry/earthy spicy quite attractive nose; slightly tart strong blackberry/blueberry/Syrah/peppery light toasty/oak quite spicy/pungent/peppery flavor w/ some hard/rough tannins; long strong blackberry/Syrah/blueberry bit peppery/pungent light toasty/oak finish w/ some hard/rough/astringent tannins; needs several yrs yet & should go out 10 yrs or more; speaks strongly of Thompson Syrah; very good value at $30.00