Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Rain in it's Time / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri May 16, 2014 9:50 am

b"sd
The scent of the trees ,the field or the forest after a rain.
The appreciation of the trees and forest floor after a rain.So happy to receive.
Are we very happy and appreciative when it rains?
Have a good one; H
User

Gabriel Geller

Rank

'So-called' wine expert

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Jerusalem, Israel

Re: Rain in it's Time / WeeksEnd wine

by Gabriel Geller » Sat May 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi Harry, shavua tov,

Friday night:

Ella Valley, Syrah 2007: This wine is in drink up mode, past peak. Still enjoyable but some overripe date-ish flavors now are a bit too prominent. 15% Abv.

Shabbat lunch:

Har Bracha, Petite Sirah 2011: Aged 9 months in stainless vats with oak chips. Dark purple with on the nose raspberries, cherries and spices. Medium to full-bodied with on the palate sweet-ish, not overripe, red fruits and spices with ok acid and silky tannins with notes of mocha on the moderately long finish. Fruit-forward and easy-drinking wine, tasty. 13.5% Abv.

Motze shabbat/Saturday night, Melave Malka:

Carmel, Mediterranean 2007: Another great bottle enjoyed with beef spinal chord and oxtail at Pini's Kitchen in Jerusalem, original and good food as well as smiling, relaxed and efficient service and a reasonable 35 nis/$10 corkage fee. 13.5% Abv.

Best,

GG
Wine Education Manager with Royal Wine Corp. - Founder of KWSE (Kosher Wine: Sharing & Experiences) - http://facebook.com/groups/kosherwinesh ... periences/
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon May 19, 2014 5:15 pm

hi; very much enjoyed the dalton cab 2012 and as described in GG's notes an expressive wine despite its youth.
also tried the dalton zinfandel "12 which is showing the vaietal quite well.H
User

Yehoshua Werth

Rank

Wine guru

Thu May 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Monsey, New York USA

by Yehoshua Werth » Mon May 19, 2014 6:03 pm

People were telling me," get ready for 3 inches of rain!"

Well Shabbat was Mild and the wine was great.

2013 Yarden Sauvignon Blanc
2010 Yarden Cabernet Sauvignon
2012 Hermon
2009 Recanati Reserve Merlot
Yehoshua Werth, Manager
The GrapeVine Wines & Spirits
Monsey, NY USA
http://www.youtube.com/TheGrapevineWines
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Wed May 21, 2014 11:22 am

Hi Harry,

Four Gates Pinot Noir 2009 - On the positive side: this wine possesses dense raspberry flavors coupled with minty overtones; however, it is too alcoholic for my tastes, manifesting itself with an aftertaste of acetate. Additionally, it doesn't showcase the charms and elegance that I expect from a good Pinot Noir, this one being rustic in nature. 14.8% AbV.

The white I had, was leftovers from an open Hagafen Roussanne 2011, that I like considerably.

Best.
-> Pinchas
no avatar
User

Moshe F

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Queens, NY

by Moshe F » Fri May 23, 2014 9:27 am

Late post. Trying to catch up...

This past WeeksEnd I enjoyed the 2009 Domaine Ventura Rubens Cabernet Franc. I opened a couple hours before serving and had some surprisingly nice berryish flavors and some good green pepper or similar notes. Unfortunately, the next day the fruit said goodbye and the green was too much. I also opened a 2011 Recanati Petite Sirah Zinfandel, excellent as usual.

Have a great rest of the week (only a few hours left!).
User

David Raccah

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 am

Bay Area, CA

by David Raccah » Fri May 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Last week I was out of the country and went to a chabad house. I shlepped a bottle of 2012 hagafen dry reiesling and it was well accepted. On an aside, the best wine to be shlepped far on a plane and then drunk soon after landing is indeed simpler white wines - they are not as affected by bottle shock, as say a red wine.

Good shabbos!
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.