Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Hardened Heart / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:39 am

b"sd
Being stubourn can be the brace to keep us on a path to reach a level higher than the levelwere on or being stubbourn can prevent us from growing.
We thus can be like that because our self or in spite of our self.
Boils down to knowing who we are or would like to become.
Have a good one; H
no avatar
User

Isaac Chavel

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am

Re: Hardened Heart / WeeksEnd wine

by Isaac Chavel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:37 am

Hi, Harry, shavu'a tov,

2014 O'Dwyers Creek Pinot Noir. Nice enough, especially after the initial spice(!) blows off and just leaves a bit. Do not think it is worth the price.

A good week to all,

Isaac
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:57 pm

The wine i had was way past the Rogov window but he did give it at the time a 91. The cork did crumble. The wine is browning a tad.
But the wine was really good and enjoyable.
Galil Mt barbera 2006!!
H
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

by YoelA » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:43 am

My family is known for its stubborness.

When you are stubborn in what people think is not a good reason or cause, they call you stubborn. When they think it's a good reason or cause, they call you persistent.

2004 Arnoux et fils Crozes-Hermitage. I bought it on sale years ago. When I asked why it was on sale, I was told that it had so much tannin that the shop thought it would never be drinkable. Well, they were wrong. It's not great but it certainly is pretty drinkable. So on buying and keeping it, was I stubborn or persistent?
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:54 am

Hi Harry,

I started the meal with Hagafen Brut Cuvee de Noir 2007. This wonderful Pinot based sparkling wine is as tempting to the eyes as to the palate. The rose' colored wine showcases a bouquet of strawberries with eye popping color and bubbles. The fruit follows through on the palate with brioche, white chocolate and tea. In other words, the expressive fruit is accompanied by pleasant yeast and other secondary flavors and aromas. With the entree I turned to the Flam Cabernet Sauvingon Reserve 2010. While some raspberry flavors linger in the background, this wine isn't about its fruit, but about the interplay of the edgy if elegant tannins with the alcohol and wood. The fruit is really just the canvas for the winemaker to spin his magic.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas