Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Gifts / WeeksEnd winr

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Gifts / WeeksEnd winr

by Harry J » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:30 pm

b"sd
Basicaly realizing I'm very much a work in progress,trying to learn the art of true giving.When coming from the heart its size dims in importance and its potency increases ever so much.
Have a good one; H
no avatar
User

Isaac Chavel

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am

Re: Gifts / WeeksEnd winr

by Isaac Chavel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Nice drinking this Shabbat:

2014 Lewis Pasco Project BDX
2015 Jacques Capsouto Cotes de Galilee Cuvee Eva (White)

A good week to all,

Isaac
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

by YoelA » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:10 pm

2011 Domaine de la Niverdiere Chinon, very nice, and 2011 Frederic Magnien Cotes-de-Nuits Villages, Croix-Violette, disappointing.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:01 pm

hi, interesting comparison this week.Friday nite teperberg essence cab'13.Nice deep wine. By day teperberg impression cab'14,opened more in the glass over the meal.Being theyre both from same winery I questioned the double the amount price tag on the essence(eventhough it comes in a box). H
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Harry,

Eating out Friday night, celebrating a friend's Bar Mitzvah, I got to sample more wines than usual. The wine I got to ponder most was the one with which I opened the meal, the Hagafen Chardonnay 2013. This wine is from Hagafen's regular bottling, sporting perceptibly less oak than the reserve bottling. The color is a straw yellow that is matched by the austerity on the palate. Its lean character is welcome, and it has sufficient notes of tropical fruit to add depth and dimension. I followed that with a bevy of reds, amongst which were the Herzog Petit Verdot 2011 and the Adir Cabernet Sauvignon 2014.

Then with lunch in the comfort of my home I had the Prix Hagafen Syrah 2012, coming at the heels of several other Syrah over the past month. The vibrant purple color in the glass hints at the vibrancy of the wine that is hit the palate, coating the mouth with distinguishing tannins. The wine is floral coupled with red berries, and not much in the way of acid or spice.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas