Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

End of Passover,Sea Splitting

by Harry J » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:54 am

b"sd
we can believe intelectually ww can believe emotionaly yet the highest level is when we believe even with our physical self. sometimes we can reach a point where we just jump in.then when we reach the other side we can sing.
Have a good one; H
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

Re: End of Passover,Sea Splitting

by YoelA » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:12 pm

So far

Recanati 2011 wild carignan reserve; deserving of all the acclaim it received when released.
Hagafen 2015 sauvignon blanc, one of my go-to kosher whites (the other being Hagafen's rousanne or Collage)
Hagafen 2014 pinot noir, always excellent with salmon
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

by YoelA » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:07 pm

two more Pesach wines

2012 Lewis Pasco project #1. A verrrrrrry nice wine.
2012 Chateau Parsac (Montagne-St. Emilion) not so nice - OK fruit marred by bitter tannins in the finish

Now that Pesach is over I guess we'll be shutting this doiwn. heck, I'm the only one who posted during the holiday.

Harry, can you give me the address for Gabe's forum? I'd like ti join that one now.

And many thanks for your efforts to keep this going.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

by Harry J » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 am

golan cab '13 this winery consistently stayed under the radar.good stuff. gilgal cab 12 got a little better.gilgal syrah '12 didnt. psagot m cab'13 didnt impress,poppy fields pinot grigio oddly sweet. H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 am

YoelA wrote:Now that Pesach is over I guess we'll be shutting this doiwn. heck, I'm the only one who posted during the holiday.

Well, it's sad to see you all go. I'll miss you. Please know that you are always most welcome to drop by the main forum and participate with tasting notes, and to join any of our conversations.

Now, an important maintenance question: Would you prefer that we keep these pages open? Or is it better to remove them and let their memory be a blessing? Let me know, please. I don't mind keeping them, and you'd be free to drop in any time in the future; but I won't do that if you prefer otherwise.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

by Harry J » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

lets keep it going
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Harry J wrote:lets keep it going

Gladly!
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Tue May 09, 2017 1:39 am

Hi Harry,

Passover is gone for several weeks, now. Nonetheless I'd still like to share notes of some of the wines I've had over that holiday.

Three of the whites that stand out in my mind are the Hagefen Prix Chardonnay 2015, The Matar Chardonnay 2014 and the Vitkin Riesling 2015. The Hagafen, at this stage hasn't filled out yet, hence it feels leaner than previous vintages. The fruit is elegant, mostly apple and pear, as if it came from a cold climate, and the oak influences are subtle. On the other hand the Matar, offers fruit that is bolder and mostly summer fruit, such as peaches and nectarines with a distinct bouquet of jasmine, chamomile and orchids. Vitkin's Riesling is very welcome and delivers surprisingly bold flavors for an Israeli grown Riesling. The wine mingles citrus with minerality, in a very pleasing manner.

Of the reds that have stuck to my mind are the: Capcanes Flor de la Flor di Primavera Samso 2014, Elvi's Clos Mesorah 2014, The Matar CB 2014 and the Hagafen Prix Melange 2007. The Capcanes has very tangy Raspberry with very saturated violet hues, making for a very enjoyable experience. The other Spaniard, the Clos Mesorah, is of a very different breed, displaying an extremely serious character, of earth, tar and subdued dark fruit. Matar's CB is a blend, much of which is Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon. It is well balanced, marrying the fruit and the oak beautifully in a rich luxurious combination. Finally, the Prix Melange is another example of an elegant wine.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks for all the posts, Pinchas! As a resident of a non-shipping state, you guys are making me wish I had a lot more access to Israeli wines.