Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Eighth / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Eighth / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:05 pm

b"sd
the eighth note in music takes the seven to the next level
we can do that with all of our world including our wine. but if we just want to enjoy without ever having constraint or love wuthout respect we are only the loving ourselves and we burn ourselves out.
Have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Eighth / WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 pm

Birthday wine! :)

Puzelat-Bonhomme 2011 Touraine “La Tesnière” Pinot d'Aunis ($17.49)

Rather light ruby color, and the slight haze that I reported in tasting a newly arrived bottle in November 2013 seems to have fallen clear. I was worried how the wine was faring six years after the vintage, but it’s holding up well if not evolving; it’s not really a wine meant for the long term, but it’s sturdy, little changed. The intriguing aroma mingles fresh violets and a generous grind of fragrant white pepper, and it’s crisp and snappy in flavor, fresh acidity, dried cherries and white pepper and distinctly stony minerality in a very long finish. My wife loves this wine and so do I; we bought half-cases of the 2010 through 2013 as the came along, but it’s not made any more. Only one 2012 is left in our stash, and we’ll drink it up for a special occasion this summer. U.S. importer: LDM Wines Inc., NYC; Louis/Dressner Selections. (April 22, 2017)
no avatar
User

YossiD

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

by YossiD » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:46 am

Mond Syrah-Cabernet 2007 matched nicely with moussaka for Shabbat dinner. A previous bottle of this wine was off when I opened it a couple of years ago, so I was concerned that this one might be bad too, but it turned out to be ok, though not as exciting as I remember. Enough left in the bottle for a glass after work.

Kerem Tesha White Version in the garden Shabbat afternoon as the oppressive heat began to subside. White Version is a delightfully refreshing blend of French Colombard, Viognier, and Roussanne, with a touch of Gewürztraminer.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 am

hi, fri night my host served Alfasi late harvest '11.Interesting contrast of a subtle sweetness and acidity.
By day Yarden merlot'12, a solid wine yet couldnt decide if I like it.H
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

by YoelA » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:02 am

Pesach is over; back to drinking both kosher and non-kosher wines

2008 Dark Star Paso Robles "Left Turn" (60% zinfandel, 30% syrah, 10% mourvedre), which still had the typical Paso robles "jammy" zin favors together with earthiness from the other two grapes. Had bought it from the winery; still looking good after 8 years from harvest.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Tue May 09, 2017 12:57 am

Hi Harry,

This week I went with a wine that somehow didn't make it to the table over Passover, the Hajdu Besomim NV. It's a Zinfandel based field blend, that is indeed very fragrant and worthy of its Hebrew name that translates to spice, though to me it stands primarily for sweet smelling spice such as clove. It has a soft underbelly, with little acidity, but its richness is enjoyable.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas