Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Say What / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Say What / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri May 12, 2017 9:04 am

b'sd
There's a cute expression in recent years;blah blah blah.Words are so important.They are the crown of tools distinguishing us from other creatures. But when it comes to children what we are and what we do speaks speaks the loudest.
Have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Say What / WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Mon May 15, 2017 10:36 am

A simple and inexpensive wine, but one that takes me back to youthful remembrance of enjoying modest Italian reds over dinner with family and friends.

Querceto 2015 Chianti ($10.99)

Clear, dark ruby, shading to a clear edge. Typical Chianti aromas, tart cherries and dried cherries and a hint of spice, carrying over on the palate in a bright, food-friendly flavor, palate-cleansing acidity and soft tannins, with refreshing black-cherry flavors and lemon-squirt acidity lingering in a very long finish. 12.5% alcohol. U.S. importer: Prestige Wine Imports LLC, NYC. (May 7, 2017)

FOOD MATCH: Basic Chianti, stereotypical food match: It was very good indeed with spaghetti with a mushroom and tomato sauce. It would be just as good with meat sauce or meatballs.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon May 15, 2017 7:14 pm

hi, golan winery merlot '10. wow aged really nicely. also a galil mt shiraz'14,an off btl. h
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Wed May 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi Harry,

The white of the week was the Matar Chenin Blanc 2014. While light in hue and heft, it is also suave in flavor and feel. Although it doesn't deliver the characteristic nuttiness I like in this varietal, it still serves up an array of fruit, ranging from the cool pear and apple to the summer peach, with a tad of bitterness to keep it all in check, lending it an air of composed gaiety, restraining it from seeming like "spring in a bottle". Then for a red, I had the Prix Hagafen Pinot Noir 2014. This is a wine defined by its smokiness. While the black cherry is clearly discernible, it is not its purity nor richness that strikes me, but the way in which its flavors interact with the smokiness of the barrel, playing with it as a prism would with the rays hitting it, reflecting them in an array of diffused colors.

Best regards,
-> Pinchas