Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

In the Desert

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

In the Desert

by Harry J » Fri May 26, 2017 6:19 pm

b'sd
how do you recognize someone / am i worth something because you;ll weigh me by the pound?
numbers, letters tools of expression
number such and such and name so and so
part of the whole yet unique
take the money and run what were given is a part of the whole yet unique in its potential.
have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: In the Desert

by Robin Garr » Tue May 30, 2017 12:27 pm

A little late, sorry! :)

Mulderbosch 2015 Coastal Region South Africa Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé ($10.99)
Clear, pretty rosy pink that shows a hint of orange against the light. Its delicate but delicious scent offers light strawberries at first, then opens up to add hints of red cherry and juicy peach as the wine warms in the glass. These appetizing mixed fruit flavors carry over on the palate in a crisp, tart and dry flavor, with just a touch of prickly petillance on the tongue. Subtle strawberries and a tangy edge of citrus linger in a very long finish, and light 12.5% alcohol invites another glass.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

Re: In the Desert

by Pinchas L » Tue May 30, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Harry,

After having an Israeli Grenache Blanc last week, I stuck with the varietal, having the Makom Grenache Blanc 2013 by Hajdu. This version shows even more body than its Israeli counterpart and with a somewhat similar fruit profile of summer fruit, albeit a bit rounder and softer. I followed that with the Prix Hagafen Cabernet Sauvignon 2002. This aged Californian displays the regions charms, with the sweet cedar and boysenberry that's upfront and center all wrapped up by elegant tannins.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas