Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Light Up / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

1563

Joined

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Light Up / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:05 pm

b 'sd
personaly i find the line betwixt firmly believing who I am and making room for you, a thin one.However the most humble man on this planet reached a level of relationship of most trusted
Is there a connection? does humility perhaps make room for another to enhance my space rather than crowd it.Have a good one; H
User avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Posts

19898

Joined

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Location

Louisville, KY

Re: Light Up / WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:58 am

Harry, we celebrated humility with a rather modest Italian red, a Chianti-style field blend that wasn't terribly expensive. Happily, it lived up to the lesson with simple pleasure, I would buy it again.

Scarpetta 2014 “Frico” Toscano Rosso ($11.99)

Clear but very dark reddish purple, shading to garnet glints at the edge. An appetizing mix of black cherry and cranberry with just a hint of a pleasant earthy note like damp, clean clay. Bright and tart on the palate, zippy cherry and cranberry flavors follow the nose, framed by brisk, food-friendly acidity and just a hint of tannic astringency lasting in a long finish. 13% alcohol per the label. U.S. importer: Wine West USA, Sausalito, Calif. (June 10, 2017)

FOOD MATCH: A rustic pasta dish with a rough-chopped fresh tomato sauce and creamy burrata cheese made a great match.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

1563

Joined

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Light Up / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:07 pm

hi. friday night finally openrd a Recanati cab'14. By day Carmel sp collection cab'14.dont know if makes sense but to me they were so very similar in style.H
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

782

Joined

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Location

Brooklyn, NY

Re: Light Up / WeeksEnd wine

by Pinchas L » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:27 am

Hi Harry,

Taking it easy this week and in the spirit of the approaching hot weather in New York, I had a bottle of the Matar Sauvignon Blanc/Semillion 2015, with the lion's share of 85% Sauvingon Blanc and the remaining 15% Semillion. The razor sharp crispness tingles the tongue, and serves as a conduit to the lemon and freshly cut grass that follows in its wake. While it is not an overly complex wine, and doesn't demand one's attention to ponder any subtleties, it is nonetheless very enjoyable.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign