Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Who Do You Think You Are/ WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:04 am

b'sd
What an ideal scenario; we are all equal in being happy with ourselves and those around us.No jealousy,no strife.
Alas ,we are not quite there yet.And how often I question the validity of others based of course on seemingly valid motives they stem from inconsistency within myself.Yes its true ,one can be strong without needing to lower others.
Have a good one; H
no avatar
User

YossiD

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

Re: Who Do You Think You Are/ WeeksEnd wine

by YossiD » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 pm

I generally succeed in avoiding strife, though I have recently gotten rather annoyed with shiputznikim who don't understand the concept of properly vertical and horizontal surfaces, and who are unaware of the practice of asking to use something that is not theirs. Also I have little patience with people who insist on using the words like awesome and madhim in every other sentence. I guess I've still got a ways to go.

Shabbat dinner was grilled Amnun (St. Peter's Fish) with Chillag 2013 Muscat (with 10% Chenin Blanc). I remember this being a much drier Muscat when I bought it, so either it changed in the meantime, or my taste was off. Either way, not a particularly successful match.

On Shabbat afternoon we were invited to a Swedish midsummer celebration (complete with maypole) (my wife is Swedish). I brought along a Kerem Tesha Yanuka blend of Malbec, Petit Verdot, and Merlot to go with steaks. Unfortunately I had too much beer and home made grappa that someone else brought, before getting to the wine, to properly appreciate it.

So, a terrific weekend, but not the best for wine.

Shavua Tov and Hodesh Tov to everyone.
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm drinking a little more pink wine these days - it's summer and hot here - and always questing for the rosé that goes beyond "nice quaff" and actually reaches the level of "good wine." This one qualifies.

Les Vignerons de Tautavel 2016 “Le Cirque” Côtes Catalanes Rosé ($13.99)

Clear, bright salmon pink, a very pretty wine. Strawberries and raspberries and fresh green herbs on the nose; red berries and a whiff of watermelon on the palate, nicely balanced by crisp, fresh but not overwhelming acidity. It's nearly dry, with 13% alcohol and a whiff of fresh-fruit sweetness that could be a hint of sugar or maybe just fresh, ripe fruit. It's a blend of Grenache Noir (40%), Mourvèdre (40%), Syrah (20%).

FOOD MATCH: The winery suggests enjoying it on its own or with charcuterie, seafood, or fruit-based desserts. It made a great match for us with a summery asparagus risotto.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:20 pm

hi; last bottle of golan merlot 2010. and obviously it wasnt a fluke with the prior bottle. this wine aged in the bottle so nicely.full bodied with flavors that are harmonious and deep. h
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:29 am

Hi Harry,

Aside for some leftover red, I had the Midbar Chenin Blanc 2012. The wine displays the nutty charms of this variety. Though serious, it is not overwhelmingly so, to the point it would disqualify it from summer drinking. The nuttiness is complemented by pears and tart apples. It has somewhat of a heady nose, and a body that is medium to light.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas