Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Traveling / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Traveling / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:36 pm

bsd
been there done that, a refrain screaming of monotiny so then how to avoid the boredom? How to answer the calls of when will we be there,are we there yet?
Have a good one: H
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

Re: Traveling / WeeksEnd wine

by Pinchas L » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi Harry,

This week I had another Grenache based rose'; the Hajdu Rose' 2016, which showcases the range of this grape. The color is light pink, hinting at the freshness that is to follow. It delivers a mouthful of watermelon. Perhaps not as complex as earlier vintages of this wine, but still very refreshing. I also enjoyed a red, the Hagafen Cabernet Franc 2009, a very food friendly wine, whose fruit is well contained, allowing for those aspects of wine that complement food: the alcohol, tannins and earthy tones to share the stage, delivering a beautiful chorus.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:52 am

We enjoyed a nice, but somewhat pricey, American rosé from Oregon.

Willamette Valley Vineyards 2016 “Whole Cluster” Willamette Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir ($16.99)

Clear, vibrant pink, with good aromas of strawberries and a hint of fresh green herbs. Red berries on the palate, too, plus a distinct touch of honeydew melon, framed with 13.4% alcohol and zippy, mouth-watering acidity that adds a touch of citrus as it lingers in a medium-long finish. It was fine with one of my favorite pink-wine pairings, Caprese salad of tomatoes, basil and mozzarella dressed with excellent olive oil. The winery suggests charcuterie or entrees like ahi tuna, chicken curry, and salmon with dill pesto sauce. Enjoy it also as an aperitif, or with fish or light chicken dishes.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:53 pm

hi. this weekend was my first experience with Tanya. Ivri blend '13. Struck me as a complex wine. H