Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

words and visions/ WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:42 pm

bsd
pain tears for myself for others for the world
can a few tears help...?
its a place of letting go..
may we hear good news
H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: words and visions/ WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:35 am

E. Guigal 2016 Côtes du Rhône Rosé ($14.99)

Clear, pale salmon color. A typical Rhône blend of 70 percent Grenache, 20 percent Cinsault, and 10 percent Syrah signals good pink Rhône aromas of red berries on the nose and palate, with touches of peach and mandarin adding complexity. Bright and fresh on the palate, ; 13.5 percent alcohol. U.S. importer: Vintus LLC, Pleaseantville, N.Y. (July 22, 2017)

FOOD MATCH: The winery suggests it with hors d'oeuvres, grilled fish, white meat, and poultry. It served us well with a gently spicy Cajun-style red beans and rice.

WHEN TO DRINK: It's not meant for aging and won't benefit from cellar time, but I wouldn't hesitate to keep it around for a few years. Chances are, though, that I'd drink it first.

VALUE:
My local price is within range of Wine-Searcher.com's $14 average retail; it's a fine value anywhere in the middle or even upper teens.

WEB LINK
Here is a fact sheet from the importer; for the winery's info sheet in English, click here.

FIND THIS WINE ONLINE:
Check prices and look for vendors for E. Guigal Côtes du Rhône Rosé on Wine-Searcher.com.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi Harry,

Besides leftover reds I had the Vitkin White Israeli Journey 2016--a blend of Grenache Blanc (30%), Viognier (20%), Rousanne (20%), Colombard (20%) and Gewurztraminer (10%)--that turned out to be wonderfully food-friendly. The fruit is well-contained, while scents and pollen from Tuberose and Jasmine are present in copious amounts. Topping it off, is an intriguing soap-sud mouthfeel, that I liked.

Following the meal I had a bottle of dessert wine from Vitkin, the Late Harvest Riesling 2005. Aside from Riesling, the wine contains some Viognier and Colombard. The color is deep bronze, and the overwhelming flavors are of caramlized sugar and apricots, with secondary floral flavors. I didn't sense much acid nor spice, and it is substantially different from the Gewurz based dessert wines that dominate the Israeli market.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:28 pm

last week the wine was Tabor har merlot,'14.)smooth,medium bodied. ok.H