Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Prayer / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Prayer / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:42 pm

bsd
imagine the intensity of asking for something without any strings or motives.only a face to face relationship can attain such Oneness.
Have a good one; H
no avatar
User

YossiD

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

Re: Prayer / WeeksEnd wine

by YossiD » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:10 pm

This week's philosophy is a bit beyond me. I understand giving without strings or motives, but I can't quite fathom asking for something without a motive. perhaps I'll understand better after a glass or two.

Shabbat dinner was entrecote steaks on the grill (plus chicken wings and hamburgers on the side), with roasted vegetables and a selection of salads, plus my homemade garlic dills (they were a hit). The wines were superb and equal to the task:

* La Terra Promessa Lacrime (Sangiovese, Shiraz, Cabernet Franc)
* Marqués de Vitoria Gran Reserva Rioja 2009

The wines were quite different from one another, though both went very well with the meat.

A true carne-vino feast with good company.

Shavua Tov
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi Harry,

The first of the wines I enjoyed this weekend was the Vitkin Israeli Journey Rose' 2016, made of Grenache (90%), and Carignian (10%). Refreshing flavors of watermelon and strawberry are predominant, and its mellowness contributes to its all around cheerful demeanor. With some more tartness and acidity, the nice kid would also be the smart kid. Next came the Castel Grand Vin 2007, whose Bordeaux blend is suave, combining charm and sophistication. The fruit is well contained, wrapped by elegant tannins and earthy tones. Finally, I opened the Hajdu Grenache 2011. This too is a polished wine; seductive with its sour cherry and masculine with its gamy pheasant, all the more so because it is spare in body and tannins.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi, Harry ... a sparkler from Burgundy for the weekend.

La Burgondie Crémant du Bourgogne Rosé Brut ($11.99)

A traditional Burgundy blend of 80% Pinot Noir, and 20% Gamay, this is a pretty, light salmon color sparkling wine that foams up in the glass with a frothy mousse that quickly falls back to a prickly carbonation without a lot of obvious bubbles. Pleasant red-berry fruit on the nose and palate is backed by a subtle but distinctive hint of cocoa that often appears in Pinot-based sparklers. Crisp, tart acidity builds a firm body, with touches of rising bread and mouth-watering citrus in a long finish. 12% alcohol.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:44 am

hi, very much enjoyed a tulip just cab'16. By day pleasant galil mt syrah'14.H
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

by YoelA » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Friday evening - dinner with friends - 2012 Herzog reserve Alexander Valley cabernet. Still young and a bit tannic, combined with a bit of softness typical of Alexander Valley wines

Sunday = our annual birthdays/anniversary dinner with friends: 1998 Guigal Hermitage blanc, the king of northern Rhone whites and I can't describe it better than Rogov did some years ago; 2006 Pierre Morey Aloxe-Corton Clos de Chapitre, still young with tannin and finesse - give it a lot of air or a few more years.