Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Skip the Red

no avatar
User

YossiD

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

Skip the Red

by YossiD » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Skip the Red[/u][/b]
In my Week's End posting of last week I mentioned that the Cramim Château la Vallée white blend being sold at Ikea for nis 19 is a decent and pleasant wine. Definitely value for money IMHO, particularly as it is a kosher wine.

The red they're selling at the same price is a different story altogether, and warrants a warning. If you happen to be in Ikea, I beseech you to give the Cramim Château la Vallée Red blend 2014 a wide berth. I picked up a bottle of this (actually two), and I beg you to benefit from my misfortune. The wine is a classic Bordeaux blend (Merlot, Cabernet, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot), supposedly made from select grapes and aged for 12 months in oak barrels. Of course I was wary considering the price, but curiosity got the better of me. Simply stated, this wine is vile. Upon opening it is altogether undrinkable. Three days later it has softened a bit but is still not particularly pleasant.

Hopefully some of you can benefit from my experience.

But do try the white; it's definitely a bargain.