Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

You be the Judge / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:01 pm

bs"d
Justice. In our day and time is it prevalent? Are we ourselves adept in administering a judgement? On others or on ourselves..
Have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: You be the Judge / WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi, Harry. I'm actively seeking some Israeli wines locally, if possible something a step above the Barkan and the low-end Recanati bottlings that seem to represent most of the local inventory. Meanwhile, we enjoyed a nice, aromatic Argentine white ...

Alamos 2015 Salta Torrontés ($9.99)

Light, transparent straw color with a faint greenish hue. Delicious citric aroma blends mandarin oranges and white grapefruit, which carry over on the palate in a flavor impression so vibrant and fruity that it almost seems sweet, but crisp, zippy fresh-fruit acidity holds it in balance. A touch of stone fruit and faint peach-pit bitterness join citrus in a very long finish. A claimed 13% alcohol level adds a little body, but it's not out of line for a white. The back label suggests spicy empanadas or grilled fish. We enjoyed it with linguine in linguine with a light sauce of free-range eggs briefly cooked in garlic sauteed in butter.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:05 pm

hi, thiugh ussualy not a fan of the recanati yasmin, hhad the 2016 red (non mevushal) this weekend.a very pleasant surprise.a cab merlot blend with plenty of personality.h
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Harry J wrote: recanati yasmin

Noted ... :)
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi Harry,

Friday night I had the Matar Chenin Blanc 2015. The wine marries some good fruit with pollen and nuts over a steely mineral backbone, that--when combined--make its presence felt by dint of its weight and range of flavor. Think Floyd Mayweather. Then, Saturday, I enjoyed the Flam Reserve Syrah 2011. This time around, what grabbed my attention was its sanguine character that brings its meaty flavors into focus, overshadowing its fruit and tannins.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas