Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Coming and Going/WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 pm

bsd
standing still. taking a walk. speaking keeping quiet
making money losing breaking even. whats it all about.definitely beyond the scope of this conversation.nevertheless want to take this this moment to wish you
Have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Coming and Going/WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am

Hi, Harry. I finally picked up an Israeli wine, and while I was indeed able to find only Barkan and Recanati Yasmin wines here, this Recanati red was really okay with dinner, good enough to go back for a second glass.

Recanati 2015 Galilee "Yasmin Red" ($14.99)

A red blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot, this Kosher for Passover and mevushal wine is a clear, medium-dark ruby color. There's good ripe fruit on the nose, plums and mixed berries, with a hint of the stewed fruit scent that I often pick up in kosher wines subjected to the heat of the meshuval treatment. It's not unpleasant, though, and the flavor is good and fresh, juicy red-berry fruit, brisk acidity, and a touch of tannic astringency. 13% alcohol. The importer suggests it with a wide array of dishes, especially meat and poultry. It went well with beef, but it also paired nicely with a meatless protein alternative, black-bean burgers.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 am

hi, was a bottle of dalton yuvalun'14. another one of those wines thats probably undet the radar of most people because its inexpensive. drinking really nicely.H
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

by YoelA » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 pm

2016 Binyamina grenache blush rose. picked because it was labeled semi-sweet, it's very earthy and, for me, unpleasant.
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi, Harry! I hope you all had a good holiday and a good fast and are thriving in the new year.

I notice that your weekly invitation has ended since the beginning of the season. Will you be returning, or have we decided to close this book with the closing of the book? I'll respect whatever you decide but would appreciate the closure of knowing ... and would be delighted to know that this small group will stay.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Hi, Harry! I hope you all had a good holiday and a good fast and are thriving in the new year.

I notice that your weekly invitation has ended since the beginning of the season. Will you be returning, or have we decided to close this book with the closing of the book? I'll respect whatever you decide but would appreciate the closure of knowing ... and would be delighted to know that this small group will stay.

Hi Robin,

Wow, I didn't notice that this much time has passed without visiting the site. I just got caught up with all sorts of matters, and the hectic holiday season didn't help, either. Hopefully, this is what kept Harry away, too, and that he'll be back once he settles back into his usual routine.

Best,
-> Pinchas