Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Appeared / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Appeared / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:18 pm

bsd
why is it sometimes things are so clear and at other timrs so distant.
If we look through a clea window we can see as far as the vision reaches.if the glass is smudged it becomes a mirror and see only myself. if i only love in a relationship it results in its final analysis as self love. but when coupled with respect i
one can see as far as the vision allows.
Have a good one; H
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

Re: Appeared / WeeksEnd wine

by Pinchas L » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi Harry,

The white was the Matar Chenin Blanc 2014. While the variety traditionally showcases nuttiness, I didn't detect that in this bottle, but instead I got well focused citrus, primarily citrine. For the red I opened a bottle of the Ben Haim Cabernet Sauvignon Grande Reserve 2012. I find it somewhat odd that I don't have any recollection of what the wine was like.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:32 am

Hi, Harry.

Oyster Bay 2012 Marlborough Pinot Noir ($14.99)
Clear ruby color, quite dark at the core but shading quickly to a clear edge. Light red fruit and a pleasant whiff of ripe, just-cut tomato - a characteristic that I often find in cool-climate Pinot Noir - shows in the nose and on the palate. It's brisk and acidic in the flavor, tart and palate-cleansing, rather light-bodied, with a soft edge of tannins and a hint of stony minerality in the finish. 13% alcohol in a wine that's distinctly Pinot Noir, more reminiscent of the Old World than the New. Fine with beef, burgers and meatloaf. It would also go well with Pinot's alternate companions: salmon, mushrooms, and cheeses.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:24 pm

hi. a bottle often had and once again enjoyed, Dalton yuvalum'14.. H