Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Children / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Children / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 am

b"sd
A wine can have influence from its grapes and from its vinter.And obviously many other factors too.As for people, we inherit traits from Dad and Mom.Some obvious and some not.But a big difference(among others) betwixt us and the grape is that even when we have become a wine if theres a desire to adjust its still possible.
Have a good one; H
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

San Francisco area

Re: Children / WeeksEnd wine

by YoelA » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Oy vey, Harry. I feel like I've been adjusting all my life, and now I have to do it all over again over here.!

Speaking of adjusting, the 2012 Ramot Naftaly special edition syrah still needs to do some. Highly extracted syrah with a bit of mourvedre and a smaller bit of cabernet (but I don't know why) and a bit too much tannin. But otherwise a good try.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:52 pm

hi, revisited galil mt cab'16. To sum up my reaction, purchased two bottles more.H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi, Harry. Since the baby wines of the year, the Beaujolais Nouveau, came out on Friday, it seemed the perfect choice for this portion. I got lucky and found a nice one.

Domaine Rochette 2017 Beaujolais Villages Nouveau ($13.99)

Dark ruby color, shading to a clear purple edge. Fresh and clean aromas, plums and subtle raspberries, lead into a bright red-fruit flavor, full and ripe for a Nouveau, nicely balanced with crisp fresh-fruit acidity. Really one of the best Nouveaux I’ve tried over the years, enjoyable on its own and good with food, nicely balanced at 13% alcohol. This cousin of red Burgundy is versatile with many food pairings. It sang for us with bowls of linguine Cacio e Pepe coated in Parmigiano and freshly ground black pepper.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi Harry,

I'm still following the development of Oryah's orange wine the Midbar Orange 44 2010. At this point it felt more like a sherry, with the nutty flavors dominating, than any other wine that comes to mind. It is still tasty, and you sense that there's a tempest taking place in the bottle, but there is no point in trying to track down the fruit. The red turned out to be it's counterpoint. It was Castel's La Vie 2015; a Bordeaux blend that was aged in concrete vats. It's a table wine in the best sense. it's fruity, approachable, not overbearing and was a great compliment to the food I had, mostly a goulash.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
-> Pinchas