Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

At the Mountain/WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:03 pm

bsd
all right count me in;
well, theres ten basic rules
so,count me in for seven;
sounds good.
In any case
whatever amount the most important is
which direction we want to go.
Have a good one: H
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: At the Mountain/WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Enjoyed Recanati Yonatan a cab shiraz blend found harmonious with a soft fruit feel. Also very much enjoyed Dakton shiraz'16 which is showing nice spice and a boldness at 15alc.H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 pm

Harry, hi! We've been opening a lot of Spanish wines lately for a tasting series in the other forum. I liked this:

Castaño Sierra Salinas 2012 “Mo” Alicante Monastrell ($10.99)
Dark garnet, with scarlet glints against the light. Simple but appealing, black plum aromas with an earthy back note reminiscent of “tree bark,” a description I often associate with Mourvèdre/Monastrell. Medium-bodied and crisply acidic, it adds a touch of raspberry on the palate, framed by gentle tannic astringency. It carries its 14% claimed alcohol well; I was surprised to see the alcohol level on the label after tasting. A blend of 30-year-old Monastrell (85%), Cabernet Sauvignon (10%), and Garnacha Tintorera (5%), it gets a touch of wood from four months in barrels. Its simple, earthy fruit suggests a pairing with roast chicken, duck or even goose, or cheese-based entrees like macaroni and cheese or pasta Alfredo made with good, robust cheeses. I tested this hypothesis with a leftover Welsh Rabbit sandwich on sourdough from a local Irish pub and found it right on point.
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

Tel Aviv, Israel

by YoelA » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:10 pm

This Shabbat- 2014 Lueria Terraces. 60% cabernet sauvignon, 15% syrah, 15% cabernet franc. This wine isn't for me. It has good acid, reasonably good fruit, but too much earthiness, which seems to me to be from the cabernet franc.